- Two families who claimed that a burial mishap at Unity Cemetery mixed the remains of their relatives, sued the Town of Fort Mill.
- The Indian Land Warriors won their first football playoff game since 1977 with a 28-20 win over the Whitmire Wolverines. Fort Mill’s season ended with 38-0 playoff loss to the Daniel Lions.
- Fort Mill resident Mignon Ballard’s newest mystery novel, “Angel at Troublesome Creek,” was the first in a series featuring Augusta Goodnight.
- Tega Cay officials hoped that they had found the solution to their water problems, buying water from Fort Mill.
No information available
In a stunning election day upset, W. B. McFadden defeated long-time Fort Mill Mayor Luther G. Patterson. Patterson had never lost a race in 15 elections.
Fort Mill’s Yellow Jackets lost their final game of the season to the defending state champions and undefeated Winnsboro Wildcats by a 42-19 score.
No information available.
- The seventh-grade football team of the local graded school defeated the team of the Junior Training School of Rock Hill 13-0.
- The ice plant, recently installed by O. T. Culp, began operation turning out 3,000 pounds of ice in ten hours.