FORT MILL — Good morning and happy Monday! Here are five things to help you get your new week started:
- Time to stretch: Come to the Dairy Barn at the Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill for mind, body and breath awareness in the next yoga instruction session. $5 for Greenway members, $10 for non members. Click here for more information.
- Ag + Art: The South Carolina Ag + Art Tour is currently seeking farms to participate in the nation’s largest free farm tour to take place in June. This free, self-guided tour is a great way for farms to showcase their operation and expand their exposure to locals and visitors alike. Tour stops include family farms that cover a diverse spectrum of production including fruit and vegetable, livestock (protein, dairy, and/or fiber), on-farm distilleries/breweries, commodity crops, timber, and historical farming operations and farmers markets. A special feature of this tour is an art component, as local artisans will be on location at participating farm sites during the tour weekends.
These artisans will be showcasing (and selling) their work, creating a unique blended visitor experience of both agriculture and art! The tour will run Saturdays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sundays from 1-5 p.m.
Interested farms can visit the farm recruitment website at agandarttour.com/farms to learn more and apply. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 20.
- Mardi Gras: March 5 is Fat Tuesday. many local watering holes have drink specials and more to celebrate Mardi Gras. Check their Facebook pages and websites or just come on in! Masks and costumes optional — but don’t hold back!
- Walk to school/Coffee with a cop: Tega Cay Elementary invites families to grab their walking shoes and a friend, and walk to TCES on March 8 (rain date is March 15). Come early for a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a word with Tega Cay Police at Coffee with a Cop in the Living Memorial Gardens. Enjoy community, promote physical fitness, practice safe walking biking on Tega Cay’s nice walking trails and sidewalks, and help the environment. You can also park at Turner Field or Trailhead Park and walk from there.
- Plan for the kiddos: The Spring Into Summer Kids Activity Showcase is 2-4 p.m. March 10 at the Baxter YMCA. Sponsored by Macaroni Kid Fort Mill – Tega Cay, learn about camps and other opportunities for kids this summer.