YORK COUNTY — Are you ready for the world to see your art?
The Arts Council of York County is now accepting proposals for 2020 gallery exhibitions in the Dalton Gallery at the Center for the Arts, 121 E. Main St., Rock Hill.
The Arts Council is a non-profit organization committed to creating and supporting a thriving arts community in York County, South Carolina. The Dalton Gallery, a professional gallery appropriated for the exhibition of experienced artists and community projects, is located at the Center for the Arts. The Dalton Gallery is an 1,800-square-foot space, illuminated by adjustable track lighting.
Each year the Arts Council presents six to eight exhibits. Artists wishing to be considered as a solo or group exhibition for one of the Arts Council’s 2020 gallery exhibitions, must submit the following to Mike Gentry, Gallery Manager, by 5 p.m. Friday, April 5:
- Exhibition proposal describing themes, goals, and vision of the artist(s) in the presentation of the body of work submitted for consideration. Artists may submit proposals for exhibition as a group or individually.
statement describing the techniques used in the creation of the work, and the
ideas of concepts communicated through the works submitted for exhibition.
- Artist(s) must include a statement of clarification within their artist statement if the works submitted are not the works intended for exhibition. In this case, artists must submit examples of previous works, and a discussion of the techniques and concepts that will be utilized in the planned exhibition works.
- Artist resume or curriculum vitae that includes name, contact information, short biography, list of past exhibitions, education notable honors, awards, publications.
- 10 to 12 hi-res images (300 dpi jpegs) representing work intended for exhibition.
- Inventory list with titles, sizes, and mediums that have been numbered to correspond to the file names of the images submitted for consideration.
- $20 submission fee.
The Arts Council’s Gallery Committee will consider all submissions and notification of acceptance will be provided via e-mail. Submission packets will not be returned. Only complete proposals that adhere to the Arts Council’s submission guidelines will be considered. Works that sell while on exhibit at the Center for the Arts are subject to a 40 percent commission fee by the Arts Council of York County.
Here’s how to submit your proposals:
Email to: Mike Gentry at email@example.com
U.S. Mail to: ACYC Attn: Mike Gentry, PO Box 2797 Rock Hill, SC 29732
Deliver in person to: Center for the Arts, 121 E. Main St. Rock Hill, SC 29730